Your Buddies – Know before you go 2021
Bonaire is open for travelers from all countries. This means that you can finally book your stay at Buddy Dive Resort and enjoy the vacation you deserve. Needless to say, your buddies on Bonaire are ready for you and cannot wait to welcome you again.
Before traveling to Bonaire, we want to inform you about the requirements for traveling to and from Bonaire. That is why we have created Your Buddies – Know before you go.
Before arrival on Bonaire
- When traveling to Bonaire, it is mandatory to have a negative NAAT test result. The NAAT test must have been taken within 24 hours before departure to Bonaire.
- Also allowed is the negative result of a PCR-test, not older than 72 hours before arrival on Bonaire. Additionally, you need to take an antigen rapid test within 24 hours before departure. In case of a stopover with an overnight stay, the test needs to be taken at the location of your last stop with an overnight in a high-risk country. This applies to people 13 years and older.
- The negative results of the tests need to be known before departure.
- It is mandatory to fill out a health declaration form 72 hours to 48 hours prior to departure to Bonaire. The form can be found on https://bonairepublichealth.org/en/form.
- The health declaration form and test results need to be shown at check-in, boarding, and arrival on Bonaire. Make sure to have it with you when traveling.
Important information to know:
If guests have been vaccinated against COVID-19, they can still be a COVID carrier, therefore having a negative PCR-test result upon entry into Bonaire and negative antigen test upon re-entry into the United States is still required. When the rules for vaccinated passengers change, Buddy Dive will send the updated information.
Testing requirements for traveling to the USA, Curacao, and the Netherlands:
Below you will find the testing requirements for traveling to the USA, Curacao, and the Netherlands.
- Before departure to the USA, travelers 2 years and older need to take an antigen test for COVID-19.
- Before departure to Curacao travelers 7 years and older, must take a PCR test. The result of this test must be negative. The test must have been taken within 72 hours before departure.
- Before departure to The Netherlands, travelers 13 years and older need a negative NAAT-test result taken within 24 hours before departure. Also allowed is a negative PCR-test result taken 72 hours before arrival in The Netherlands and a negative antigen-test result taken 24 hours before departure. The Dutch government strongly advises going into quarantine for 10 days upon return. After 5 days it is allowed to take a PCR-test. If the test result is negative the quarantine may be ended.
Covid testing offered by Buddy Dive Resort:
- Buddy Dive resort offers antigen rapid tests and PCR – tests for your return flight. Please note that these tests are for your return flight only. The mandatory tests to travel to Bonaire will not be arranged by Buddy Dive Resort.
- Buddy Dive Resort makes the appointment for your test. During your stay, you will be informed about when your test is scheduled. The test appointment will be arranged based on the required test and time frame required.
- You will receive an official travel document from the laboratory with your test result.
- The costs for the antigen rapid test are $ 65 per person, The costs for a PCR- test are $125 per person. The costs for the test will be charged to your room.
- In case you prefer to arrange the test yourself, please contact the front desk as soon as possible to inform them you will not need to be scheduled for the test.
- All the procedures will follow the guidelines set by the Central for Disease Control and Prevention. More information can be found on https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/global-airline-testing-order_2021-01-2_R3-signed-encrypted-p.pdf
In case of a positive test result:
- In case of a positive rapid test, Buddy Dive Resort will arrange a same-day PCR-test to exclude a false positive test. ($ 125 per person at the expense of the client, charged to the room)
- In case the PCR-test will also result in a positive result Buddy Dive will have to communicate the results to the local authorities. They will decide the conditions and duration of the mandatory quarantine. Normally people that have tested positive have to remain free from symptoms for 24 hours before they are allowed to leave quarantine. Please note that the result of the PCR-test may take 48 to 72 hours.
- Buddy Dive will provide accommodation at Buddy Dive Resort free of charge for guests who booked a Drive & Dive package. This is based on availability and for the duration of the mandatory quarantine. The length of it is decided by the Public Health Department of Bonaire. Taxes, meals, and beverages are at the guests’ own expense.
- In case there is no accommodation available, Buddy Dive will help to find suitable accommodation elsewhere on the island at the guests’ own expense.
- We strongly recommend taking travel insurance that covers these expenses.
Flexible booking policy and cancellation policy:
Our Flexible Booking policy offers guests the opportunity to book for travel now through June 2021 with ZERO deposit required.
- A credit card is required at the time of booking. The full balance needs to be received 24 hours prior to the date of arrival.
- Guests may reschedule travel through June 2021 without change fees, subject to hotel availability. Certain exceptions and differences in rate may apply.
- Reservations may be canceled, up to 24 hours prior to the arrival date, with no penalty in case guests can show at least one positive COVID-19 test for their household.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the arrival date are subject to the regular cancellation policy.
If, after reading this file, you have any questions or concerns. Do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] We are here for you.
Disclaimer: All information is subject to change without prior notice and no rights can be derived from this information. Due to the rapidly changing measures, we recommend that you properly inform yourself about the applicable measures regarding travel to and from Bonaire. Despite the fact that we are happy to help you with this, we would like to point out that this is your own responsibility.